Woodlea Primary School is committed to educating its pupils about caring for and respecting the environment and developing responsible citizens who are able to make valuable decisions.
- As part of our responsibility to the environment and as an Eco-School we aim:
- To develop an awareness of environmental issues
- To promote environmental issues and raise awareness among the wider school community
- To become more sustainable in the school environment and reduce the environmental impact of the whole school
- To link environmental issues in with the curriculum
Woodlea Primary is proud to be an Eco-School and it was awarded its second Green Flag in 2020.
The whole school works together to ensure that the Eco-School principals are embedded in the daily life of the school and indeed in the whole school community. The staff ensure that work on the nine eco-schools topics is weaved creatively through the curriculum and the children are responsible for electing an Eco-Champion in their classroom. The Eco-School Reps are then encouraged to act as an eco-role model to the rest of the school, to encourage recycling, reduce litter in the playground, eat healthily and conserve energy. We also have a fantastic garden space which the children use to grow a variety of fruit and vegetables.